Prep – 10 mins
Cook – 30 mins
Serves – 4
Super simple bowls made by simmering ground beef in a coconut curry mixture spiced with cloves and nutmeg and served over a bed of rice.
- 2 Tbsp red curry paste
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 ½ lbs ground beef
Top Tip: Adding 1 roughly chopped onion will help balance out the acidic pH in the dish from the red meat.
- Jasmine rice
- 1 small cucumber (sliced)
- 2 medium limes
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, add the chopped onion and then red curry paste and cook on slow or medium heat until warmed through and fragrant for 5-6 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, cinnamon stick, nutmeg, and cloves; stir to combine for another 2 minutes.
- Add ground beef and stir to combine all ingredients and break apart beef.
- Bring to boil; stirring frequently to continue to break apart beef and cook through.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and discard cinnamon stick.
- Serve over bed of rice with cucumber slices and squeeze ¼ lime on top.
This delicious recipe has been reviewed and approved by Consultant Nutritionist and Detox expert Dr. Vidhi Patel from Minerva Health & Lifestyle Clinic, R & D Consultant at Gold Collagen.
Discover more recipes and ideas at thankyoulife.co.uk
Twitter & Instagram - @smilingvidhi0