Prep – 20 mins
Serves – 8
Delicious summer salad made with corn, black beans, tomatoes and avocado that is perfect as an appetizer or snack at your next gathering.
- 1 red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 cups corn fresh or frozen
- 2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 ripe avocados diced
- Finish with Lemon or Lime, freshly squeezed on top doubling up as a nice garnish whilst adding a summer citrus zing to the dish.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp of Rock salt or Pink Himalayan salt.
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, add all dressing ingredients and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a food processor add onion and cilantro and pulse until finely chopped, about 30 seconds. (You may also hand chop/finely dice these ingredients)
- In large bowl, add corn, avocado, black beans, tomatoes, cilantro, and onion. Toss to combine. Pour dressing over top and toss again to evenly coat.
- Serve immediately or store in fridge for 3-4 days.
This delicious recipe has been reviewed and approved by Consultant Nutritionist and Detox expert Dr. Vidhi Patel from Minerva Health & Lifestyle Clinic, R & D Consultant at Gold Collagen.
Discover more recipes and ideas thankyoulife.co.uk
Twitter & Instagram - @smilingvidhi