Prep – 15 mins
Cook – 25 mins
Serves – 4
Quick and easy chicken dish with tomatoes, onions, and spicy jalapenos baked to perfection and topped with crumbly queso fresco cheese.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 large tomatoes sliced
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 jalapeños sliced
- queso fresco crumbled, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 230° C and spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Place the chicken breasts in the baking dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and chili powder. Sprinkle over chicken and rub to coat evenly.
- Top each piece of chicken with layer of tomato then layer of red onion. Sprinkle with minced garlic and sliced jalapeños.
- Bake at 230° C for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Top with crumbled queso fresco and serve.
This delicious recipe has been reviewed and approved by Consultant Nutritionist and Detox expert Dr. Vidhi Patel from Minerva Health & Lifestyle Clinic, R & D Consultant at Gold Collagen.
Discover more recipes and ideas thankyoulife.co.uk
Twitter & Instagram - @smilingvidhi0